Saturday, November 03, 2012

new thing

surprise Alpine strawberries

I've got a new site and it's under my actual, real life name. As I explained over at Lunar Camel Co., I recently realized that my reasons for blogging anonymously were no longer meaningful to me. I also wanted a place where I could pull together the content from both my blogs, along with any other little projects I involve myself in. I briefly considered abandoning both blogs and urging all my readers to come over to the new site, but it didn't take long to decide against it: They each have their own distinct audience, and I'm fine with that. What I'll be doing instead is cross-posting new content from each blog over there. In other words, there won't be any changes here — it's just that whatever appears here will also appear on the blog over there.

Also new, the Alpine strawberries pictured above. Regular readers know that this is my first year growing them, and everything about them has been super-exciting for me. The surprise appearance of new berries this October is no exception. I assumed I wouldn't get any more until next June or so, but apparently they like the chilly weather in NYC at this time of year. The berries above appeared before hurricane Sandy blew through town but my fire escape is in sort of a protected area (there's another building fairly close to it) and they survived with no damage whatsoever. I'll be sure to keep you updated as to whether I acquire any Frankenpowers after eating my Frankenstorm fruits. 


No comments:

Post a Comment